Mr. Dennette Arthur Harrod, Jr.
6445 Luzon Avenue NW #104 - Washington, DC 20012
(202) 541-9434 - e-mail: Dennette@WiZ-WORX.com
I would like to be a Principal Software Engineer, like I was
fifteen years ago before I took a severance package after the
buy-out by a competitor. Since then, I have been contract
programming and selling a C source code library that I had
developed in my spare time. I would rather manage a team of
programmers than be the lead programmer. I would also like to
be involved with national and international IT standards
- 30 years FORTRAN and C programming experience, 20 years
of C++. (Also Pascal, PL/1, Visual Basic, C#, .NET, COBOL,
and various assembler languages.)
- 15 years Linux and HTTP server experience, using Java,
Perl, CGI, and HTML.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Project Management and Program Management experience for
- Cross-platform development experience throughout the
entire product life cycle of major systems.
- Marketing expertise with products at both personal and
- Managed the first version of an American National
Standard to be documented using itself (1,875 man/weeks per
year of resources).
- Technical Illustration Editor for IGES Version 5.3, and
supplier of the software used to print the specification
files for the figures and examples.
- Designed and implemented the scripting language used to
manage a multi-site, distributed database with nodes at six
East and West coast facilities, and one in Europe.
- 1/94 - Present: WiZ
Self-employed - Software Imagineering. (Part-time
since 1983, full-time since 1994)
- Design, implementation and marketing of IGES
- Contract programming to implement a proprietary
C/C++ software library into CAD/CAM systems, both
remotely and on-site.
- NOTE: Most clients ask for anonymity through
confidential non-disclosure agreements.
- 2/88 - 1/94: Computervision
- Note: Company is now part of
Parametric Technology Corporation
Principal Software Engineer - Geometric Technology
- Coordination of product integration and support
activities, user documentation, and specification of
product enhancements for IGES, SET, and VDA translators
for various CADDStation platforms. Managed 125 man/weeks
of programmer resources annually.
- Reviewed testing plans with QA department, helped
them develop tests for feature enhancements, and
integrated testing of user supplied data that would be
used for regression testing.
- Served as the IGES Project Manager for the IGES/PDES Organization
(IPO) during the development and publication of IGES
Version 5.0. This included managing 1,875 man/weeks of
- 7/84 - 2/88: Applicon
(formerly MDSI) - Note: Company is now part of
Siemens PLM Software
Technical Specialist - Product Development
- Designed and implemented IGES and SET translators for
2D, 3D, NC, and AEC turnkey systems. (Note: IGES and SET
are American and French National Standards for the
exchange of digital product definition data, i.e.,
computer models of parts to be manufactured.)
- Pascal code supported products on VAX (VMS), M68000
(UNIX), and 8086 (MS-DOS) platforms. (Cross-platform
development experience through entire product life
- 9/76 - 1/83: Xerox
Programmer Analyst - CADMAT Lab
- Designed, developed, and maintained CAD/CAM data
exchange translators on PDP/11 and VAX using FORTRAN
- Designed and implemented the scripting language
used to manage a multi-site, distributed database with
nodes at seven East and West coast facilities.
- Worked daily with groundbreaking hypertext and
ARPANET technologies, including the language BCPL, the
first Object Oriented Language with runtime support for
Windows, Icons, Menus, and Pointers (WIMP, which we now
- Life Member, Mensa the
international high-IQ society
- (interviewed in EBONY, 39:12, Oct '84,
Last update: 2010-09-12 by Dennette@WiZ-WORX.com
Please see the latest hypertext version of this resume at
Download a MS-Word version from http://www.wiz-worx.com/resume/index.doc